If you're just like me, you'll probably find every place you want to go here. If you're not like me, you still may find these interesting.
- My favorite tech site. Hardware and software reviews, hints and tips, how-to articles and other computer information (and other geekstuff). I read it almost every day.
- Wonder Magnet
- What geek doesn't like magnets?
- Hosfelt Electronics
- Buy electronics stuff here.
- Widget Supply - hard to find tools
- The LED museum
- Mostly about LED based flashlights (reviews and modifications).
- The Interface Hall of Shame
- Information on the worst software user interfaces ever designed. Also has info on good UI design.
Linux Geek stuff
- LugRadio is a fortnightly British radio show, which takes a relaxed and humorous look at Linux and open source. (Or at least that's what their web site says) Caution - This show may contain swearing.
- The Linux Link Tech Show
- Another internet radio show, mostly about Linux. This show is done by a bunch of typical American computer geeks in eastern Pennsylvania. Caution - This show may contain farting.
- Fedora Linux
- This is the Linux distribution I'm using now (mostly). It's pretty cutting edge and rapidly developed, but I've found it quite stable.
- Another "unofficial" Fedora page with useful information. Currently,this page is more complete than the official one.
- FreshRPMs article on creating RPMs
- This was never written as a tutorial, but it's a good start.
- simpaticus.com - home of the Bare-bones server HOWTO
- If a Fedora minimal install isn't small enough for you, look here.
- Cygwin - Unix on Windows (sort of)
- Linux Printing.org - the definitve reference
- The Linux Game Tome
- Who says Linux doesn't have games? Not me, apparently.
Internet Geek stuff
- A good site on dealing with spam (unsolicited commercial E-mail)
- Another (broader, more basic) anti-spam site
- A good site on Netiquette
- Jakob Nielsen on Usability and Web Design. Information on desigining web sites for usability, rather than flashiness.
Security Geek stuff
- Packet Storm - a security site
- Security Focus - another computer security site
- Gibson Research
- This guy's writing style really annoys me, and he tends toward extreme oversimplification, but there is good information here. Mostly security from a Windows user's perspective.
- My church. You can watch our services over the internet if you have a fast connection.
- Boca Raton Community Church
- Church of our former Pastor, Jonathan Burnham.
- Bob's Trick Tips
- Tons of information. Mostly old school.
- Bob's Longboarding page
- American Ramp Company
- A Christian owned and run skate ramp company.
- MOBBSkates - Christian skaters
- San Jose Downhill Skateboarding Club
- A longboard site (mostly).
- Creative Commons
- Per their site: "Creative Commons is a nonprofit that offers a flexible copyright for creative work". You'll find links here to creative works (audio, pictures, text, etc.) released under less restricive licenses.
- How Stuff Works
- Amaze your friends by always having a head full of useless information (Like me!).
- Information on guitar repair
- Miami Valley Orienteering club
- Orienteering Cincinnati
- Babel Fish
- If you have words in a language you can't read, this site can probably translate it for you.
- Homestar Runner
- You mean you haven't seen Homestar Runner yet? An internet cartoon. Warning: requires Flash.
- Why Microsoft Rules the Universe
- In my opinion, this is pretty darn funny.